As part of our #THISISLUPUS campaign for Lupus Awareness Month 2017 we would like to produce some short videos to be shared on social media to make people aware of the impact that lupus can have. If we receive sufficient footage, we would like to have a main video that shares the voices of many people, but we would also like to share people’s individual stories throughout the month.
If you would like to be a part of this project, please send your video to email@example.com.
If your video file is too large to send by email, you can use this service to send it instead – WeSendIt.
Videos can be recorded on any mobile, tablet or video recording equipment. We have a few recommendations for how to record your contribution;
1. If possible please record your video in landscape
2. Try to record somewhere that doesn’t have too much background noise
3. Please don’t add any of your own music to the recording
4. Try to record with your face fairly central in the frame
It would be ideal if you could discuss any (or all) of the following topics in your video;
1. How long did it take you to get diagnosed with lupus from the onset of symptoms?
2. What symptom(s) do you struggle with most on a day-to-day basis?
3. How did your friends/family react to your diagnosis?
4. Have you been the victim of any abuse/discrimination because of people who cannot ‘see’ your illness?
5. What is the hardest thing about being diagnosed with lupus?
6. What is your biggest achievement since you were diagnosed with lupus?
We would recommend that you try to keep your answers to each question short and succinct.
If you would like to see an example, CLICK HERE to see Su’s video.
If you have any questions about the project, please email Paul Howard using the address above.